Consider a job with Outlook!
As a social enterprise Outlook runs successful and ethical businesses that fund investment back into our mission.
Work at Outlook
As an organisation we are dedicated to people having choice and enabling people with a disability to have the same rights and opportunities as other members of our community.
Outlook is committed to providing a safe and healthy work place and an environment in which the physical and psychological wellbeing of staff, service users and the community is protected.
Please carefully read the position description in order to understand the role’s requirements, expectations and key selection criteria.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter
- Your curriculum vitae
- A response on how you meet the key selection criteria
- Other documentation in support of your application (if applicable), such as referees
Please make sure you address the key selection criteria in your application, as this indicates to us how you can meet the requirements of the job role. The key selection criteria will be outlined in the position description.
Current Positions Available
Environmental Contract Supervisor
Outlook Environmental – Reservoir
Outlook Environmental has a long and successful history providing positive environmental outcomes through the provision of a range of recycling and resource recovery services. As a commercial division of Outlook Vic, Outlook Environmental operates as a social enterprise, re investing its revenue to further the organisations social outcomes. What makes us different is we value our people and want to make a difference both socially and environmentally.
Based in Reservoir ,as a fulltime Contract Supervisor you will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the Darebin Transfer Station, Retail Recycled Goods Shop, Nursery and Contract Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities of the Contract Supervisor position will include:
- Supervision of staff, manage their performance and maintain a supportive work environment
- Strong people management skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Deliver on contractual requirements of the commercial partnership.
- Supervision and direction of staff to salvage, recycle, sort, move and on sell recyclable products.
- Maintaining a safe and supportive work environment.
- Rostering and payroll timekeeping.
- Co-ordinating facility management and maintenance.
- Understand the financial position of the business with a focus to minimise operational costs.
- Effective staff management & communication skills.
- Competent skills in computing and use of Microsoft Office
- Preparation of regular written reports
- OHS reporting
- Incident/accident reporting
- Reconciliation of cash handling
- Understanding of account and financial budgets
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful for this role you will demonstrate your experience in:
- Leading a team in a operational environment
- Implementing best practice operational strategies including increasing efficiencies, reducing costs and enhancing the business culture.
- Excellent Customer service & safe work practices
- Encouraging a safe and healthy workplace with a culture of learning & wellbeing
- Have the ability to work weekends when required
- Experience in Waste Management in Supervision would be looked on favorably
A Forklift licence or desire to obtain would be an advantage.
Salary packaging benefits and access to pool car are included.
This position is subject to an arranged pre-employment medical and clear Police Check and current drivers licence.
Outlook is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates of all ages, gender, culture and abilities. If you would like to be part of our Darebin Transfer Station team please submit your application outlining relevant skills and experience. All application must be in writing and include 2 references.
Applications Close Friday 24th August 2018.
Note: The position may be filled earlier if a compatible applicant is identified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Please apply via the indeed website.
Environmental Contract Supervisor Position Description
Disability Support Workers
- Have a passion to make a difference to others’ lives?
- Enjoy working with non-for-profit / social support organisations and the wider community?
- Have the ability to take on challenges head on and deliver exceptional results?
If you answered yes to these, then join forces with us. Outlook is seeking motivated and enthusiastic youth/disability team members with a "can do" attitude who can help us achieve our vision of an inclusive community that values all people.
Who are we?
Outlook (Vic) Inc is a not-for-profit organisation that that has a proactive approach to the Community. Outlook offers a wide range of services and opportunities for the inclusion of all disadvantaged people and those in the Broader Community. All Outlook services are underpinned by strength-based, person-centred and self-directed approaches. Outlook prides itself on being a leader in the Disability and Community Services Sector. We are a registered provider with DHHS, NDIS and TAC.
We are seeking multiple staff (both contracted and casual) to work across Steps to Employment, Steps to Independence and Steps to Participation. We have roles available in both the Casey/Cardinia area and Bayside Region.
All roles within Disability Services may include supporting people with behaviours of concern and complex mental health issues and personal care. Administration responsibilities will also be part of this role.
Steps To Employment
Steps to Employment is a program aimed to support young school leavers. These young people will participate in a unique pre-employment program which focuses on the transition from school into employment and the building of life skills and independence. It may include training opportunities, volunteer work, and group work; all with a strong focus on community engagement and positive and successful outcomes. This role involves working with young people to empower them, and to achieve their individual goals.
Steps To Independence
Steps to Independence works with participants to obtain life skill and experiences that will enhance their independence. This may include budgeting and paying bills, volunteering, accessing the community, and using public transport.
Steps To Participation
Outlook’s Steps to Participation division works with people 16 and older to achieve their individual goals in independence, employment, volunteering, community connection and recreation and leisure options, in a community based setting.
Who are we looking for?
It takes a motivated person to join our team and that's who we are looking for. We are looking for people who are committed to our values of supporting integrity, diversity, being “people-focused”, wanting to work with youth, and with a passion to make a difference.
To be a perfect fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Experience and skills supporting youth and/or people with barriers and mental health issues in a variety of different situations
- Experience and skills supporting people with a range of disabilities.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the Disability or Community Services field.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) – the ability to talk and negotiate with others in the community
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt
- Skills, empathy and acceptance - to support people with a range of disabilities/barriers
- Creativity and innovation – the ability to see outside the box and think of the impossible
- Community development skills – working with other community services and organisations
You will work as part of a team and supported by regular training and development opportunities. Remuneration will be based on the SCHADS Industry Award 2010. Contracted hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Salary packaging options are also available.
Other mandatory requirements:
- Police check
- Working with Children Check
- Compliance with and clearance with the DHHS Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
- Level 2 first aid
- Current Driver's License
- Use of technology with fingerprint capabilities
You will also need to provide evidence of a clean driving record.
Previous experience within the Community Services Sector will be highly regarded. We are also prepared to consider people from outside the Disability Services Industry who have the required skills and have the ability to learn quickly. For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Michelle Jones on (03) 5941 1535.
This position does not have a closing date. We continually review applications and will close the position when we have identified a suitable candidates for the role. Only successful candidates will be contacted.