Outlook is committed to social inclusion, empowerment and choice.
Partnering with Outlook is commercially viable and supports positive social outcomes.
To achieve our goals, we partner with Business; Local, State and Federal governments as well as other social enterprises.
Social and environmental outcomes include:
- Creating meaningful employment and training opportunities for disadvantaged workers
- Diverting waste from landfill through resource recovery
- Providing low cost goods to the community at Outlook Market shops
- Promoting the greening of our environment through the operation of our plant nurseries
We are also able to sub-contract elements of larger contracts to trusted third parties.
Our capabilities include
- Resource recovery
- Waste transfer station management
- Waste processing
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Contract plant growing and wholesale supply
- e-Commerce fulfilment
- Pack and send
- Community education
Outlook has investment and management capability over and above our day to day operations. We are also open to discussing new ventures and developing new capabilities.
Our Social Impact Commitments
We are committed to inclusive workforces. Our goal is to achieve a workforce where up to 25% of employees are people with disability or social disadvantage.
Award wages and market rates
Wages for our employees are based on Fair Work Australia awards and our professional staff are paid market rates.
Outlook operates an integrated Quality Management System, and is Quality Assured under ISO 9001, holds certification in Environmental, ISO14001 and OHS, AS4801, AS5377 E-Waste and is compliant to the State and Commonwealth Disability Standards, the Disability Act 2006 and Victorian Disability Standards.
Our Social Enterprises
- Environmental services – Recycling, e-waste, plant nursery, recycle shop providing low cost goods
- Disability and NDIS Services
- Inclusion, support and training
- Work experience and job placement
- Volunteer services
- Community and Function Centre facilities
- Neighbourhood House & Community Centre-education, leisure and support activities